Who We Are
Surplus Property is responsible for accepting and accounting for all excess property within the University of Kentucky system. Our mission is to first reuse inventory by checking items back out to departments in need at no charge. Once all usable items have been made available to the University community for ten business days, Surplus then works to donate, sell by auction, or recycle remaining unneeded property.
Surplus Property staff warehouse and redistribute movable surplus equipment for the University organizational units. Surplus is also responsible for reviewing property transfers and trade-ins, as well as managing disposal of University-owned animals.
University Surplus Operations has moved from its longstanding location at the Reynolds Building, 349 Scott Street to a new address at:
Vaughan Warehouse and Office
1247 Versailles Road
Lexington, KY 40508
The new location is near the intersection of Versailles and Forbes Roads; a map reference is available for persons who may visit the warehouse in person to review and checkout items on behalf of their departments. For University departments only.
University of Kentucky Surplus holds periodic public warehouse auctions. The auctions are conducted at Vaughan Warehouse and Office, 1247 Versailles Road, Lexington, KY 40504. All auctions are free to attend, but you must register the day of the auction to participate. Forms of payment accepted for public auctions is Credit Card ONLY. To be notified of upcoming auctions, like our Facebook page or sign up for our email list.
Surplus also conducts online auctions through an online website, Govdeals.com. Click here to see items that we are currently selling online.
- Any questions must be asked online so everyone can see question and response.
- We will not respond to phone calls or direct emails.
- Sold as is where is.
- Any packing or shipping needed is the responsibility of the buyer.
- Pickup and payment of the item(s) is expected in the normal time frame, but pickups MUST be done by appointment and very limited loading assistance is available.
- Appointment times will vary from 30 minutes depending on the size of the lot and number of lots to be picked up. All pickups must be done in a single appointment.
- Buyer agrees to follow any and all State/ Local /Federal exportation laws. If the seller has any reason to believe that these are not being followed, the sale may be terminated.
- Other auction guidelines and rules are applicable during auction processes and events. Each auction will have individual rules; please see each individual auction posting for specifics.
Submit Needs/Wish List Requests (Under Construction)
What is the contact information for Surplus?
Surplus can be reached via phone at (859) 257-3981 or (859) 257-4126 , email firstname.lastname@example.org