Enterprise Amazon Business Account
The launch date for Enterprise Amazon Business Account is August 11, 2022. Beginning on the launch date, a dedicated link will be available within myUK Enterprise Services tab to access the Enterprise Amazon Business Account platform. The platform will use Single Sign-on (SSO) functionality allowing employees to access and utilize the platform utilizing their linkblue ID and password.
*Important note for employees with an existing Amazon Business Account: If you are an employee having an existing departmental Amazon Business Account, please refrain from accessing the new Enterprise platform through myUK and contact email@example.com for migration assistance. A migration can be scheduled specifically for after the August 11 launch date. It’s important that the person to whom the departmental account is registered not access the new platform before their migration to ensure their existing business account can be transferred correctly.
Departmental groups will be arranged on the platform providing Approvers the ability to approve/reject orders for their individual area(s) as well as access to other functionality and analytics. Purchasing oversight will also be part of the order workflow. Employees who were active procurement card holders as of July 1 will automatically be added to their respective departmental groups allowing them to create and place orders. Other employees will be able to browse products and create shopping lists. Departmental approvers (and the Purchasing Division) can also add additional employees to groups allowing them to create orders as well. Access to the Enterprise Amazon Business Account requires an employee’s linkblue email for identification; if any employee (including Approvers) is using their linkblue email address for another Amazon account, an account conversion is required on the first access to enter and use the platform for any role.
Departments should plan to transition any purchases from Amazon to the new platform by September 30. UK Healthcare (department numbers prefixed with H or M) and Athletics areas will not be active on the platform at the initial launch and will be integrated at a later date.
Departmental approvers will receive Amazon-provided direct online training during the week leading to the launch date; direct meeting invitations have been sent to those persons. Approver sessions will be recorded and placed on the Purchasing Division website for reference.
Following are the available resources provided for Amazon Shoppers to use the new platform:
- A dedicated course has been created by the FAST Training Team and placed within myUK Learning entitled FAST Amazon Business. Amazon shoppers and other interested parties can access and take the course via myUK Learning on demand at any time. Simply locate and book the course by title and click Start. The course takes approximately 25 minutes to complete and includes interactive quizzes. The course is optional.
- Four identical online Learning Sessions will be provided by the Purchasing Division during the weeks of August 15 and 22. The online Learning Sessions are based on the same content as found in the online FAST Amazon Business training within myUK Learning and include an online Shopping demo. Access to the sessions, which are optional, is via the Purchasing website as listed below:
- Tuesday, August 16, 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 19, 11:00 a.m. to noon
- Tuesday, August 23, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, August 26, 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
To access any of the Learning sessions:
- Access the Central Purchasing website at the time desired to join
- Click the Log On button at the top right of the page
- Log in to the protected area of the site using your linkblue ID and password
- Return to the Central Purchasing home page
- Navigate to the Internal Resources tile
- Navigate to the Amazon Learning Session section and click into the desired link for that time
- Online Amazon Shopper sessions will be recorded with a link provided on the same page above in the event an employee would like to watch the recording(s) afterwards.
- Available Learning Resources on the Purchasing Division website:
- Dedicated Amazon Business General Information Page
- Amazon Business Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Dedicated section (C) on the Learning and Training Resources page including materials for Amazon Shoppers and Approvers, linkblue email conversions, reporting, mobile app usage (forthcoming post-launch), etc.
A dedicated help email at firstname.lastname@example.org is also available going forward for inquiries or requests for support.