The Purchasing Division, in partnership with University Financial Services and Information Technology Services, has embarked on the implementation of SAP Ariba, a robust e-procurement solution enabling intelligent connections between businesses and suppliers.
The implementation of an improved procurement solution is part of UK’s Our Path Forward Initiative, a financial path to generate the cost savings and process efficiencies necessary to meet our mission. This enhanced procurement tool will help the University:
- Leverage best-in-class technologies to support institutional goals
- Improve the end-user experience with a more streamlined shopping experience
- Expand supplier diversity
- Automate many procurement activities
- Save money and time with decreased occurrences of cost discrepancy
- Support improved data quality and accessibility through intelligent features
What is SAP Ariba?
Ariba is a market leader in e-procurement transformation solutions creating direct, intelligent connections between businesses and suppliers.
UK will implement two Ariba modules:
- Procurement Catalog: creates consumer-like shopping experiences enabling University shoppers an easier way to get what they need from a greater number of common suppliers.
- Commerce Automation: automates the exchange of purchase orders, invoices, and other procurement documents between UK and our suppliers.
Note: University shoppers will interact with the Procurement Catalog module only.
What can users expect from this new experience?
As mentioned above, University shoppers will only interact with the new Catalog module. Ariba’s Catalog is an intelligent solution aggregating current and future e-catalog suppliers into a single punch-out catalog solution. There are a few specific differences between current and future experiences:
- Current punch-out catalogs within SRM will be aggregated into a single catalog environment having multiple suppliers and resulting in a streamlined shopping experience. This includes content from current e-catalogs with significant additional products from a number of other suppliers.
- Improvements to invoice discrepancies and resolution.
- Improved automation for Purchase Orders and touchless processing.
- Shoppers will access the new, enhanced Catalog environment through the myUK Portal using their existing Shoppers tab and related functionality.
- Shopping cart creation (including Free Text carts functionality), goods confirmations and approval processes will not change.
- There will be no changes to hospital materials requisition processes.
When will Ariba Go-Live?
Go-live, originally slated for Monday, September 13, 2021, is currently delayed while we perform final testing and validation work. The new date will be communicated shortly to campus departments. Be sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for additional information as the project evolves and for post go-live updates.
Contact and More Information
The project team will continue to update this site and communicate with the University community through various mechanisms. Additional information will be shared regarding the transition, training opportunities, etc. as the project evolves.
Be sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to learn more about the project as it develops. Additional questions and answers will be posted as work progresses along its timeline.
Departmental employees can enroll in the Purchasing listserv to receive email updates regarding the project. To self enroll, send e-mail to LISTSERV@lsv.uky.edu with the following text in the message body: subscribe UKPURCHNEWS The subject line should be blank as well as the rest of the body of the email. We encourage you to forward this to anyone in your area who needs to keep informed about Purchasing news & information. You may unsubscribe in the same manner, by sending an email with "SIGNOFF UKPURCHNEWS" to LISTSERV@lsv.uky.edu.
If you have any questions, please email UKPurchasing@uky.edu.